Laser Hair Removal/Permanent Hair Reduction – Looking for laser hair removal in Newport Beach? Our Newport Beach laser hair removal surgeon can help. Note effective hair reduction can only be achieved during the active growth phase and hair reduction is considered permanent when a significant amount of hair does not return for a period of time longer than the complete growth cycle. Laser or light energy is selectively absorbed by the melanin in your hair follicles and converted to heat, diffusing and injuring stem cells in the bulb and bulge. After a series of treatments, most hair is permanently removed. However, if your hair does regrow it will be finer and lighter than before.
Laser Hair Removal ~ Preoperative Instructions
• Laser patients using our latest FDA approved laser for tanned skin and skin of color do not need to avoid sun tanning prior to
treatment however, efficacy may be better if tanning is avoided.
• Acne patients having used Accutane should have discontinued the use of this medication for at least one year. Occasionally,
acne flare-ups and milia occur after laser treatments.
• Avoid sunbathing or tanning 1-2- weeks prior to the procedure or if you are going to be sun exposed, wear sunscreen greater
than SPF 45 and protective clothing or hat.
• Cold sores or open chancres must be treated and healed before treatment.
• Tanned skin can be treated. Make sure you inform the physician before your procedure.
• Do not wax the treatment area within two weeks of the laser session.
• If you have had previous problems with any type of laser therapy, take any new medications oral supplements, start new
skin topical creams, are prone to scarring, have sensitive skin, delicate skin or have a history of post-inflammatory
pigmentation (darkening of the skin after injury), please inform the doctor during consultation or each treatment.
Day of Treatment
• Do not use creams, oils, perfumes, cosmetic products, etc. on the treatment site.
• Wear loose, comfortable, clothing that will not rub the treatment area.
• Shave and prepare the area as instructed and apply the topical anesthetic ½- 1 hour prior to treatment. Cover with plastic wrap.
• Prepared area will be shaved if not shaved and prepared. A topical anesthetic will be applied. Area will be covered with
plastic wrap for ½- 1 hour prior to treatment. Following that, a gel will be applied and our physician begins the procedure.
(For the patient’s comfort, if the area to be treated is sensitive, a topical anesthetic cream will be prescribed and will need to be
applied to the treatment area(s) for at least 1-1 ½ hours prior to treatment.)
• Treatment can last from 15 minutes to 3 hours depending on the area size.
• A mild aloe/cortisone cream will be applied to the treated area(s) if needed.
Post Operative Instructions
• Avoid direct sun exposure for the next 1-2 weeks after your treatments or wear45 SPF sunblock.
• The treated area may be pink for a few hours or rarely, days.
• Avoid scrubbing, tweezing or shaving the area for 24 hours after treatment.
• Treated hairs fall out in about 10 to 14 days. Each follicle pushes itself out from the bottom up.
• If you do plan to have additional treatments to the same area, then please avoid sunning to the area going to
be treated. ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN
• Avoid using irritating deodorants or creams to the affected area for 24 hours or longer if redness or irritation in the
skin is observed.
• If you notice a burning sensation after your treatment, you may apply an Aloe Vera gel to the affected area. If the burning
persists for more than 48 hours, please feel free to contact the physician.
• If blistering or bruising occurs, cover the affected area with an antibiotic ointment (Bacitracin or Polysporin) and cover with a
non-stick bandage until the wound is healed.
• The 2nd day after treatment you may shave to loosen hair that is still embedded in follicles.
• If bruising, swelling or blistering is noted do not shave the area.
• If you desire additional areas of treatment after your 1st treatment, then additional charges incur for laser treatment time.
• You will be charged for topical anesthetic products supplied by Aesthetique for all laser treatments.
• You may defray the cost of the topical anesthetic by using your medical insurance and obtaining a prescription from our
doctor, although medical insurance does not cover the cost of cosmetic laser treatments.
• You will need to prepare your skin before arrival at the office, being closely shaved and having applied the topical
anesthetic 30 min. to 1-hour prior to arrival on return visits.
• You will be charged for laser time lost by not confirming your appointment time 72 hours prior and failing to keep your
appointment on return visits.
Call us at 949.646.7336 for laser hair removal in Newport Beach and Orange County